Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Poncy Pomegranate

Thank God Laura is Skinny
My friend Ian Ian said something like, ‘a pomegranate is highly overrated, all it is, is a slightly juicy pip, that’s sour.’ I must say I mostly agree with him, but hell those glistening pink pearls are sexy to look at.

For me food is all about taste. I don’t care much for visual art on a plate, especially at the expense of yummyness and practicality, but when you are walking in the hood with one of your pretty and acrobatic neighbours and you spot a pomegranate sort of within reach, you make a plan to schnab it. Once plucked, what do you do with it?  You swallow your pride and go for art on a plate, coz it’s guaranteed to impress your dinner guests. A few ooohs and aaahs will always greet a platter of food decorated with vibrant pomegranate jewels and I’ll take any opportunity I can, to be told how very cleaver I am, even if it means picking a slightly juicy pips out from between my teeth.
These super-food gems will make just about anything look pretty and actually, they taste all right too. In fact after our little neighbourhood pomegranate find, I’ve even realised, that they are not so overrated at all.

Pomegranate & Ostrich Steak Salad

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious - we have a tree hanging over the road at the bottom of Kloof Avenue in Tamboerskloof if you need more.

    ReplyDelete