Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

LEMONADE


 
My Retro Juicer. It's brilliant.                                                                                                                                                     Mans


So the plan was, that I followed up my Limoncello blog with lemonade one, but I was ‘the opposite of rudely interrupted’, by a little outing to the Seychelles, which I felt I had to capitalise on blogwise, which brings me to this belated lemonade blog.  Now all 11 of you, who read the limoncello blog, know that only the peal of the lemons are used, so there are no prizes for guessing, that a good use for the rest of the lemons, is to make lemonade.

Ready for juicing                                                               mans
A simpler recipe, you’ll struggle to find. 
Pop a jug of homemade lemonade on your dinner party table and it’ll go down a treat, coz nowadays people love that kinda shit. In a pot, throw in the juice of your lemons, together with an equal amount water and sugar. Example - 1 cup lemon juice, 1cup water and 1 cup sugar. Heat the mixture up and stir until the sugar has dissolved, simmer for a minute or two and there you have your lemon cordial. Simple az zat…
I threw some of the concentrate into an ice cream machine and a rather good lemon sorbet was the result.

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh... or you can use lemon juice to make lemon curd! I'll email you my recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what it is about your recipes, but I love them. I guess that they are just so straight forward which is great. So now you have 12 people who read your limoncello blog. I'm going right through to read all of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete